Iron County Sheriff Roger Medley, who is also the Emergency Management Director, Iron County Health Department Director Heidi Wharton, and Iron County Presiding Commissioner Jim Scaggs met with a state emergency planner on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at the Iron County Health Department as the result of COVID-19.
In order to best keep the citizens of Iron County well informed with current and valid information, we are implementing the following procedures:
- Jim Scaggs was designated to make all official public announcements concerning COVID-19. This is to assuring only verified information will be released to the news media and county residents
- Heidi Wharton will update their Facebook account every day at 1pm with information she receives from Missouri State Health and Senior Services. She will periodically update information received and any general information on COVID-19 as it becomes available.
- The Sheriff's Office website will also link to the Health Department's Facebook account.
- Everyone can help by doing their part.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently
- Practice social distancing
- Stay home unless you need to get out for essential items
- Stay home and call your provider if you are sick
Should you have any questions concerning COVID-19 please contact the Health Department at 573. 546.7121 or the Missouri Dept. of Health & Senior Services hotline at 1.877.435.8411